Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Friday, September 30, 2011

White Chicken Chili



 


I'm here in McCall Idaho and we're making this recipe for dinner tonight. I had it in my drafts but hadn't posted it since I forget to take a picture when I make it. It is my favorite chili. Don't forget the sour cream!


WHITE BEAN CHICKEN CHILI


2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
1 tbs. vegetable oil
2 15 ½ oz. cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed under cold water
1 14 ½ oz. can chicken broth
2 4-oz. cans mild green chilies, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
½ tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
½ cup whipping cream (opt.)




Saute onions and garlic powder in oil until tender. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken. Stir then add beans, broth, chilies, salt, cumin, oregano, and peppers. Stir to blend. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
Remove chili from heat and stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Garnish with 2 cherry tomato halves and a dash of chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment