Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Monday, August 10, 2020

Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad with Chili Lime dressing

Oh my goodness.  My new favorite salad!  Made this when I went with girlfriends to Swan Valley.  I doubled the dressing and used half for a marinade for chicken tenders (for more protein).  I marinated  them all night and cooked them in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until done.  I chopped them up when cool to put in the salad. (for a cooking segment, I added cleaned but raw shrimp to the marinade and just put them in the sauce pan after I grilled the corn.  Don't overcook or the shrimp get chewy.)






Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad with Chili Lime Dressing

Salad
  • 1-2 romaine hearts, torn
  • 2 c. corn kernels (grilled, roasted, or browned in a frying pan)
  • 2 avocados, chopped
  • 1/2-1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
  • chili lime vinaigrette, to taste
Chili Lime Vinaigrette
  • 1 c. olive oil (I like lite)
  • 4  Tbsp. golden balsamic vinegar
  • 8  Tbsp. lime juice (fresh is best)
  • 4 Tbsp. honey (I added a titch more)
  • 4 tsp. chili garlic sauce (find it in the Asian section)
  • 1/2 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
Again, I doubled this sauce to make a marinade.  All the girlie friends loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment