Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Chicken in Basil Cream

  I've been wanting to try this Pinterest recipe for quite awhile so I thought I'd try it out for an Easter dinner possibility.  Delish and quick and easy. 

 Chicken in Basil Cream 

      1/4 cup milk 

1/4 cup dry bread crumbs (I like Panko) 

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each) (I used chicken tenders) 

3 tablespoons butter (I added about the same amount of light olive oil.  I think butter by itself burns) 

1/2 cup chicken broth 

1 cup heavy whipping cream 

1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained (I didn't have a jar of pimientos but I did have a jar of pimiento cheese spread and I used that!) 

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 

1/4 cup minced fresh basil 

1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions

  • Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in
  • milk, then coat with crumbs.
  • In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken in butter (and oil) for
  • about 5 minutes on each side  Remove and keep warm.
  •  
     
  • Add broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir to
  • loosen browned bits. Stir in the cream and pimientos; boil and stir
  • for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add the cheese, basil and pepper; cook
  • and stir until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings
  •  
  • I would definitely serve this with angel hair pasta and pass more fresh Parmesan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment