Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Strawberry Cucumber Salad





I just wanted to re-post this salad which is a must for the season. I know it seems strange but the crunch of bitter and sweet is delicious and refreshing!

Just slice fresh strawberries.
Add cucumbers that are peeled, seeded and sliced (I cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise, then scoop the seeds out with a melon baller, then chunk)

Mix equal amounts of sugar and raspberry (or red wine) vinegar. Stir into strawberries and cukes and serve immediately. Or eat the bowl by yourself. You don't want to marinate this salad since the cukes will turn pink. But strawberries are on...and sometimes you get tired of the same spinach/strawberry summer salad. Okay, I never get tired of that but in case I DID, this is a nice, quick dinner alternative. When I made it Monday night, I used half sugar/half Agave. I think it works

No comments:

Post a Comment