Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Savory Olive Cheese Bread

(I'm trying to pull old recipes from my original blog. This appetizer is one of my FAVORITES! Easily used as a side. Some people put green olives in it as well but I'm not a green olive kind of gal...)



Olive Cheese Bread

1 can (3.8 oz.) drained sliced black olives

1 bottle (5 oz.) pimento cheese spread




1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 stick butter, softened

2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese

1 loaf French bread



Mix the drained olives with the pimento cheese, mayo and butter. Fold in the shredded cheese. Cut the loaf of French bread horizontally. Spread each side of bread with olive mixture. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until thoroughly melted and light brown and bubbly. Cut on the diagonal to serve.



I think it is a little difficult to cut this bread so that it is pretty. I might suggest you buy the small baguettes that are already sliced and spread the mixture on it. But truly, I could eat this entire recipe. I might have to go and make it this minute....

No comments:

Post a Comment