Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Frosted Drink Glasses with Sugared Cranberries

 Way too much fun!  I bought tall, skinny bud vases from Hobby Lobby.  The perfect size for a fun specialty drink.

I boiled 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water and reduced it until it was a syrup.  Let it cool but still warm..  First I dipped the tops of the vases in the syrup, then into sugar for that frosted look.

Then I dipped all the cranberries into the syrup and individually placed them on a cooling rack- just for about 1/2 hour, then rolled them in sugar and let them hardened.  These are sooo good!  I also did the same thing with fresh mint leaves.  I skewered the cranberries on a 5 inch long decorative skewer and ended with a mint leave.

I put a T. of pomegranates into the bottom of each glass, and at serving time, added chilled Cranberry Sprite (or 7-Up), then laid the cranberry spear across the top.  The drinks were so entertaining.  They bubbled like lava lamps all evening with the pomegranates going up and down.  We loved it!!!!


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment