One of the recipes I did for Bon Appetit- Nov.2017. It really was good- perfect to serve with ice cream. I was expecting to taste a pecan pie layer in the middle but really it all melted down into the brownies. Still tasted good but not what I expected.
Brownie Pecan Pie Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
Author: Mary Ellen (recipesfoodandcooking.com)
- 1 18.3 oz. fudge brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup water
- Pecan Pie Filling
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup packed light-brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 cups confectionery sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 pan.
- Add all of the base ingredients to a mixing bowl. Mix until it comes together. If some won't mix in add another tablespoon of water. This batter will be really thick. Spread it out on the bottom of the pan. Pat the dough into place.
- In another mixing bowl add all of the filling ingredients except the pecans. Whisk together until all is blended together. This will take a couple of minutes with a mixer or a whisk. Add the pecans. Stir in. Spread out on top of brownie base, getting the pecans as even as you can.
- Mix together the cheesecake mixture in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined. Drop by large tablespoons over pecan filling like shown in the picture above. Carefully put this in the oven.
- Bake until the center shakes slightly. If you touch down on the cheesecake part it will feel firm. It will just be starting to turn brown. Start checking this at about 50 minutes. Mine took 1 hour and 10 minutes.