I saw this as a video on Facebook from Delish.com and made my own version. There are so many things you could do here!
Where they stuffed the chicken with zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers and onions, I used
mushrooms, peppers and onions. Ours was delicious!
Stuffed Primavera Chicken
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 zucchini, halved and thinly sliced into half moons
- 3 medium tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400º. Place chicken on a cutting board and make 5 slits in each breast, being careful not to cut through completely. Drizzle oil over chicken and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Stuff each chicken breast with zucchini, tomato, bell pepper, and red onion.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast with mozzarella.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, 25 minutes.