Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Fresh Lemon Cake

This is a repeat recipe from me.  My favorite lemon cake.  I put bottled lemon curd between the two layers and topped with raspberries.  I usually drizzle with raspberry jam but I was out.


Fresh Lemon Cake


 Bake 28-32 min @ 325
Grease and flour pans. Makes 2- 9" round cakes.

2 sticks butter softened
2 c sugar
3 eggs
3 c sifted flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c buttermilk
2 tbsp tightly packed lemon zest
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

Icing
1-lb powdered sugar
1 stick butter melted
3 tbsp tightly packed lemon zest
1/2 c fresh lemon juice


Cream butter and sugar in large bowl. Crack eggs in smaller bowl and wisk a few minutes so that they are a little frothy and add to sugar mixture and mix well. Mix flour in a little at a time and then add baking soda, salt and buttermilk and mix well. Fold in lemon zest and lemon juice. Split mixture into 2- 9" round pans and bake as directed above.

Icing-mix all ingredients together. It should be a little runny so that it drizzles and spread well over cake.  (note: as I mentioned above, I usually dollop mine with fresh raspberry jam.)

(and I might add, my cakes took longer to bake.  I even turned my oven up to 350....just watch and test close to the end, using the toothpick test!)


No comments:

Post a Comment