The sweet, spicy, and tart flavors in this coconut-turmeric relish recipe make it a perfect match with cauliflower (any way you like it). Use it on top of cauliflower rice, cauliflower steaks, a crunchy shaved cauliflower salad, or simple roasted cauliflower.
¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Fresno chile, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 ½" piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp. mustard seeds
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Combine raisins and lemon juice in a small bowl; let sit 15–20 minutes for raisins to plump.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic, oil, and coconut in a small saucepan and set over medium-low heat. Cook, swirling pan often, until oil is bubbling and garlic and coconut are golden, 6–8 minutes. Remove from heat immediately and stir in chile, ginger, mustard seeds, and turmeric. Transfer to a heatproof measuring glass and let cool.
- Add raisins and lemon juice to garlic mixture and toss to coat; season relish with salt.