Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Friday, June 26, 2015

Italian No Bake Cake


I like to do creative visiting teaching and like looking for different ways to serve the ladies I visit.  Cheryl had posted this recipe to remember on Facebook and I thought I would make it and surprise her with it.  She loved it and my husband (who is a coconut nut) loved it too.  Very refreshing for a summer dessert. (I did not put the nuts on top.)  Easy peasy.



Italian No Bake Cake

1 box of Vanilla Wafers
1 can of crushed pineapple with juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 package of coconut
1 (8oz) container Cool Whip
1 small jar of cherries
1 cup of pecans (optional)

Layer the bottom of dish with Vanilla Wafers. Mix in a bowl the lemon juice and condensed milk, then add the pineapple and mix all together. Pour this over the vanilla wafers in the dish. Add another layer of the Vanilla Wafers on top of the pineapple mix. Top with Cool Whip, and coconut and cherries. Refrigerate overnight. Serve and enjoy!

Note: You can replace coconut with pecans if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment