Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Friday, May 29, 2015

Pretzel Bites




The first time I had these babies my daughter was having her Girl's Night Out party in our cabin.  I watched her make these pretzel bites, then bit into one and fell in love!  (that's Brandi, second from the left- love her too- AND her friends!)

When I was going through my Pity Party (see my regular blog entry the other day) and having a cooking frenzy, these are one of the Rhodes dough variations I made.  The first one is the cheesy savory one Brandi did (a little garlic and Parmesan cheese and salt.)


This is the cinnamon and sugar one that had me going the other day.  So good.  So addictive!





Pretzel Bites

Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed & risen as directed on package
melted butter
 {cinnamon & sugar, Parmesan cheese,  asiago cheese, whatever you like on your pretzels!}



After your rolls have thawed & doubled in size cut into bite size pieces. (I use scissors)  Bring a pot of water to a boil with 1/2 cup baking soda.  Sounds weird but the baking soda is what gives your pretzel that outside pretzel crunch and shine.  Place a few dough pieces {do not crowd}  into boiling water for 30-45 seconds. Remove with slotted spoon and put on paper towel (I put a cloth towel under the paper towel to drain better) to drain. Repeat with remaining dough. Place dough pieces on parchment lined {or greased} cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10-12 min. While still warm place in bowl and toss with melted butter or  sprinkle Kosher salt {or topping of choice} and serve warm.  If you are making asiago or salted pretzel bites, sprinkle with cheese or salt about 5 minutes before they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment