Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Hearty Cheeseburger Soup



This soup is a combination of several on Pinterest that I found.  Niece Mallory told me about it and I've made two huge batches this week.  It's a winner.  



Hearty Cheeseburger Soup


1 cup diced celery
1 pkg. of frozen onions or 1 onion, diced
1-cup chopped carrots
4 cups diced potatoes

Cover these vegetables in chicken broth (I used the granular plus water) and cook until tender.

Cook 1 lb. hamburger - drain well

Add the hamburger to the vegetables and broth.


Melt 1/2 cube of butter and then brown 3  T. of flour to make a thickening paste.
Stir this paste into the soup to thicken.

Dice 1/2 large package of Velveeta Cheese into cubes and stir into soup until melted.


That's it.  Yummy.


Other recipes called for parsley and basil.  A couple of tsps. each.  Also some added 1 1/2 cups milk.  When ready to serve, stir in 1/2 cup sour cream.

I didn't have parsley or basil (I can't believe that!) and didn't add milk and forgot the sour cream because we were too busy devouring.  I love soups you can play with.  Trust me, this one is delicious any which way you make it!

Now, enjoy this blank space below.  No matter what I do, I can't delete it.
If you can't beat it, enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment