Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Molten Chocolate Cake

 If I had an extra month in my life that I could sit down and write a list of my favorite desserts, I would only need a second to think of this delight- Molten Chocolate Cake.  I must have tried dozens of recipes through the years until I finally came to this one.  It is such a quick and easy recipe.  You'll be tempted to serve it with fresh whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream....but I couldn't do that because I was already licking the plate clean.
EASY MOLTEN CAKES
8 oz. milk chocolate chips
4 T. butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
pinch of salt
3 eggs
1/3 cup flour


Melt chocolate in glass bowl in microwave,
cooking for 30 second intervals and mixing
until smooth.


Cream butter, sugar and salt together. Add eggs,
one at a time, stirring until mixed. Add flour
gradually while mixing. You don’t mix this batter
too much. Fold in the melted chocolate.


Spray 6 small ramekins with Pam and divide
batter into dishes. Bake on cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. My oven is totally the 12 minutes.  Don't even think about 13!


The center should look moist or undercooked. If you overcook these, even just minutes, you’ll have a brownie instead of molten cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment