Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Deviled Eggs


I had so much fun making these Halloween deviled eggs for a party this week.  These instructions are loose since I've always winged my recipe.  For the pumpkin eggs, I cooked the eggs hard-boiled.  I actually made more eggs than I needed because you just never know how many of the whites will turn out decent.  I smashed up the eggs yolks well with a fork, then added  mayo (not salad dressing) and a few T. of Asian Sweet chilli (that spelling was on my bottle, I swear!)  sauce.  I swear by food coloring paste rather than the drops...and added some orange paste to get the right color.  I think I also added a dash of salt to taste.  Fill the egg whites...then add a little stem of green onion for the stem.  I took a toothpick and formed the pumpkin lines.  Voila!  I had people tell them that although they don't normally care for deviled eggs, they loved these.





For the spiders, I made regular deviled eggs.  I smash the egg yolks, add mayo and a bit of mustard of choice and a titch of sweet pickle juice.  (A friend just called for my recipe and she didn't have sweet pickles, just dill.  Dill juice would totally change the flavor so I suggested a bit of apple cider vinegar instead.  Just a titch.)

I purchased the x-tra large pitted olives.  Cut these in half.  With one of the halves, cut the spider legs.  You don't want them too thick so make thin slices.  You can get all eight legs out of 1/2 olive.
Have fun decorating and EATING!  Happy Halloween!






No comments:

Post a Comment