Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Impossible Custard Pie



Today I pulled out a recipe that used to be a standard in my kitchen......from the 80's when Impossible Pie recipes made their debut with Bisquick. My Impossible Pie recipes pamphlet is about worn out....tried and true. This one is truly my favorite....a wonderful custard pie that I like to top with fresh fruit. All the Impossible Pie recipes are made in a blender...it forms its own crust. (I cooked the pie for this picture a titch too long. It should just be golden on the top.)


Trust me on this one....try it out. (note: one of the cooking supplies I always have on hand is Saco powdered buttermilk. You can buy it in your cooking section of the grocery store.)


Impossible Custard Pie


1 1/2 cups sugar

1 cup buttermilk

1/2 cup Bisquick

1/3 cup melted butter

1 tsp. vanilla

3 eggs


Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" pie plate. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 s3econds or 1 minute with a hand beater. Pour into plate. Bake until knife comes out clean- about 30-35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Serve with mixed freh fruit on top. (I used strawberries, blackberries and raspberries tossed with a little sugar to make some juice. This pie is good even without fruit.)





No comments:

Post a Comment