Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Quick Sticky Orange Rolls


This recipe is an old-time favorite. We had been invited to dinner at my writer friend Carolyn's house. (We weren't friends then.) She edited our Ward newsletter and ran a contest to name the newspaper. (I won. Our Ward was a Crescent Ward...so I suggested The Crescent Roll. So clever....lol.......but hey! It won dinner at Carolyn's house and we were newbies in the neighborhood and it was friendship at first sight and first bite. She made these yummy sticky orange rolls...you remember how I remember every event by what I ate....and I've loved them ever since.)
Quick Sticky Orange Rolls
1-1/4 cups sugar
1 orange, zest and juice and add to orange juice to make 1/3
OR- I just put in 2 heaping T. of orange juice concentrate
1/4 cup butter

2- 10 ounce packages refrigerated biscuits

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Pam 2 small pie plates or grease 10-inch tube pan. Combine sugar and orange of choice and butter in a saucepan and heat to bowling, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Arrange the biscuits in the pie plates or lap them against each other in the tube pan. Bake for 20 minutes (the tube pan might take a little longer.) Cool in pan on wire rack for 1 minute. Invert onto serving place. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment