Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Easy Cheesy Chicken Crepes


Crepes are just so darn easy but we forget about them sometimes....and they are so kid friendly.


I recently made these for the families I take meals to....plus some of my kids' families..... and they snarfed them up. I have many crepe recipes but this one is simple. Just make the variations you prefer.





Crepes:


1 cup milk


3 eggs ( my REAL crepe recipe calls for room temp. eggs but I'm always in a hurry...)


2/3 cup all-purpose flour


1/2 tsp. salt





Sauce:

1/2 cube (1/4 c.) butter

1/2 cup flour

1/2 tsp. salt

1 cup milk

1 large can cream of chicken soup (mushroom works as well)

3 oz. cream cheese

2 cups diced cooked chicken



Filling:

grated cheese ( prefer mild cheddar or colby jack)

chives, optional



Make the crepe batter first as it should sit about 15 minutes before making. (for us ADD people, that is HARD!)

Make the sauce by browning the flour in melted butter, adding salt and milk. Stirring until smooth. Add the soup and the cream cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Add the diced chicken.



Heat a lightly greased 9-inch nonstick pan: make sure it is hot but not scorching. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet and using your wrist, turn pan so the batter covers all the bottom. They will cook quickly. They should turn easily and be done before you blink 12 times. (Do you love my instructions? I just do this, without a recipe so......) Just stack them on a plate.

I pour a little of the sauce (try to get some without so much chicken) on the bottom of a casserole dish. I take each crepe, fill it with shredded cheese and fold it up and place in a row in the dish. When the dish is full, I pour the sauce on top, sprinkle a little more cheese on top and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

These are also good with broccoli divan sauce on top or in the middle. Diced mushrooms are always delicious but I have kiddos that would go ick! Make sure you then use the left over batter and spread with nutella or, from France, my favorite- squeeze fresh lemon and sprinkle sugar over. So good with vanilla bean ice cream as well. I love every single variation. Okay, I wouldn't care for squid crepes. And tongue crepes. Or liver crepes. Or brussel sprouts....



Sorry. I get carried away.....





No comments:

Post a Comment