Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Friday, July 17, 2020

Yummy Baked Beans with Secret ingredient

While we were in St. George with the Petty's, Tom fired up his smoker and did fabulous ribs and tri tip.  Patty made potato salad (her trick is to add some Famous Dave's relish with a kick to it- yum!) and baked beans.  Now I make really good baked beans but these were a totally different taste and texture.  I have been CRAVING them ever since!  When I asked for the recipe, I was surprised at one of the ingredients.  Maybe you are one to add pickle juice to your baked beans but I have never heard of such a thing!  I'm a believer!



Pretty Patty Petty's Baked Beans

1- 21 oz. can pork and beans
1 med. onion, finely chopped
1- 12 oz. bottle catsup
1 T. yellow mustard (I might add more)
1 1/8 cup brown sugar, packed
1/8 cup(2 T.) molasses
1/8 cup (2 T.) sweet pickle juice
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 lb. cooked bacon, crumbled


Combine all ingredients except the bacon in a 2 quart casserole dish.  Crumble bacon on top.  Bake at 350 for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment