Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Mexican Pasta Salad

This is the pasta salad I made for Doug's surprise party.  It feeds 25 (and I made 4 batches!)
 
 

 
Mexican Pasta Salad

1 box penne pasta, cooked according to directions on box (6 cups cooked)
1 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 small cans sliced olives
2 c. corn
1 jicama, chopped or julienned
1 white onion, chopped
1 red and yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 T. minced garlic
Cilantro, finely chopped
4 diced tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes)
Greens of choice (6 cups; Brandi used romaine and spring mix- I didn't use any!)
3 avocados, chopped
Grated Parmesan
 

 
Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing (I used approx. 3/4 of a bottle for this recipe, but use to taste)
 

Combine pasta with first set of ingredients. Add greens, avocado, tomatoes, Parmesan, and dressing prior to serving. Serves ~ 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment