Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Perfect Hashbrowns





Although I had purchased salmon for Sunday dinner, during church my tummy started growling for breakfast.  Hash browns in particular.  But when I started to make them, I thought of all the mushy hash browns I've made when what I was really desiring was crunchy.  I googled the perfect hash browns and found out what I was doing wrong!

And guess what!  It worked perfectly!

I peeled my Russet potatoes, then grated them.  After grating, place them in a towel or I used those disposable washcloths because maybe the towel can discolor.  I then made a ball and squeezed all the water out of the potatoes.  Well, almost all.  Then fry your potatoes in a couple Tablespoons of oil.  Layer the potatoes  1/2 inch thick covering the whole pan. Cook until browned.    Turn the entire hash brown over in one swoop and cook the other side.

They were perfect.  They were delicious.  Who knew that you were supposed to squish out the water?  Try it- you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment