Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Glazed Corn Puffs

My sister-in-law Laraine used to always make Glazed Corn Puffs during the holiday get-togethers.  If you are looking for an awesome, addictive and quick and easy treat- you've come to the right place!

The hardest part is finding the Corn Puffs.  Here in Sandy- I find them at Reams.  The ones I used today are the Best Western brand so try what grocery sells that brand.

I made them two ways- one with white sugar and the other with brown.  I prefer the white but the brown hints more of caramel.






Glazed Corn Puffs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup Karo syrup
dash of salt
1/4 tsp. vanilla

1/4 tsp. baking soda

Mix the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan and after butter has melted and it has started to boil, boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly.  After two minutes add the baking soda and it will turn foamy. Stir well and pour over corn pops in a bowl.  The bag of corn pops I had was 8 oz. and this recipe did about 2/3 of it- so change recipe accordingly with your volume.   Keep in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment