PEACH, BLACKBERRY AND FRESH FIG SALAD WITH GRILLED CHICKEN
This peach, blackberry and fresh fig salad with grilled chicken, almonds and feta is the perfect summer salad! (recipe from rainbowdelicious.com) I served it without the chicken since it was a side salad for our Go Figgy Bon Appetit dinner.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4-5 figs sliced
- 2 peaches rinsed and sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 package blackberries rinsed
- 1/3 C sliced almonds
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 1 head butter lettuce rinsed and sliced into bit sized pieces
- simple balsamic dressing
- Rub chicken with salt and pepper and cook on a medium-high heated grill until cooked through.
- Take chicken off of grill and let rest on a plate covered in foil while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- To prepare salad add butter lettuce, figs, blackberries, peach slices, almonds and feta to serving platter or bowl.
- Cut chicken into pieces and top salad with grilled chicken pieces.
- Dress salad using a simple vinaigrette. (I made a pomegranate vinegrette.)