I thought I would try this new Brussel sprouts recipe for our Go Figgy Bon Appetit. I thought it was good but my husband isn't a Brussels fan so it wasn't a favorite part of the meal. I had never roasted grapes before and we really liked those.
Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Grapes and Figs
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups of Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 8 figs halved
- Leaves from 6 sprigs of thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup candied pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts, grapes and figs with the olive oil and lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 30-35 minutes, turning the Brussels sprouts at least once to evenly roast.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are caramelized, and the grapes and figs are slightly shriveled, remove from the oven, and coat with the aged balsamic vinegar.
- Top with the candied pecans and serve warm.