Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Bacon Cranberry Nut Stuffed Celery

There is just something refreshing about stuffed celery.  I liked this recipe with a few changes- adding dried cherries and pecans and blue cheese.
            

 



from justapinchrecipes with a few changes-                         

    12 celery stalks, cleaned and cut into portions
 
1/2 lb crispy cooked bacon, drained and crumbled

8 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup glazed walnuts, chopped (you know me and walnuts!  No way- I used candied pecans)                           

1/2 cup craisins, chopped (I used dried cherries, my favorite) 

2 green onions, finely chopped

2 tablespoons heavy cream (I didn't use)                           


1 teaspoon garlic powder (I used salt and probably not a whole tsp.)
 
Note:  I really liked these but thought the flavor needed to be kicked up a notch.  I added about 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles and thought they were perfect.                           

                                                    

1 Cook bacon (crispy), drain on paper towels. Chop walnuts, Craisins, and green onion. In a small bowl, combine: Cream cheese, bacon, nuts, Craisins, green onion, heavy cream, and garlic powder.   My note: add blue cheese crumbles. 
Stir until mixed well. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes (to combine flavors).
2 Clean celery and cut into desired portion size.
3 Stuffing Celery: Carefully spread cream cheese mixture into each portion of celery. 

 Refrigerate until time to serve, keep chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment