Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Pico de Gallo Southwestern Pasta Salad


This is really a combination of recipes with a few unique ingredients.

Use any pasta you like.  I had elbow macaroni but I love spiral in it as well.
You decide the quantities.  To make a LARGE salad for Summer AshLin's baby blessing, I used:


Pico de Gallo Southwest Pasta Salad

4 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni- cook and drain
1 green pepper, finely diced
1 red pepper, finely diced
1 container of fresh pico de gallo, drained
1 can drained black beans (garbanzo's are yummy as well)
1-2 cups frozen corn
1-2 cups shredded cheese (I used a blend)
1 container crumbled feta cheese

Dressing- I mixed Ranch dressing with about 2 T. taco seasoning  You could use a store-bought Southwest ranch dressing.  
I crumbled taco Frito's, before serving, into salad (optional)
I actually love this salad with diced avocado too!



When ready to serve, I added some small tomatoes and more feta on top.
(I like green onions added but my DIL isn't an onion person so I didn't today.  I like brownie points....)







No comments:

Post a Comment