Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Porcupine Grill House Salad


The Porcupine Grill is a local restaurant (they own the Dodo Restaurants as well.)  It is a favorite go-to place (friend Cathy's and mine) and I almost always order the house salad with grilled salmon on top.  The salad has mixed greens, spiced pecans, mandarin oranges, pear slices, feta cheese and purple onion.   Make it any ol' way you want...it is the dressing that is the killer.  

 The dressing is described as a creamy balsamic dressing and I literally stayed up nights trying to figure out the recipe. I think I’ve mastered it and whenever I fix it for people, they love it too. Here’s my version of their house salad dressing:

Porcupine Grill Balsamic Dressing

1/2 cup honey
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
½ tsp. sesame oil
1/3 c. balsamic vinegar

2 comments:

  1. I really love the spiced pecans on that salad but I can't figure out how to make them. Do you happen to know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I don't know how to make them- I've tried several things- but my favorite nuts are the ones I make for the Korean salad with a Chinese All Spice. Or I use ones from the store. Heh, I stayed up nights and nights trying to figure out the salad dressing- YOU stay up all night (so kidding here) and figure out the nuts and let me know!!!!

      Delete