Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Blueberry Yum Yum

 Two pictures because it IS called Yum Yum, not just Yum.


My hairdresser used to babysit my kids when they were little.  She's very special to me.  Her birthday is around Thanksgiving and I know her extended family loves someone to make Blueberry Yum Yum.  (I think this is a way-back recipe our mom's used to make.)    Johnna is single and I know all the things she makes for Thanksgiving gets expensive so in addition to her birthday gift this year, I gave her all the makings for Yum Yum.  Mind you, I had never had it....until she in turn made us one for Christmas.

Johnna makes her's with Cool Whip.  While googling recipes for this, I found one that called for sliced bananas on the bottom layer. That sounds fabulous.   Some recipes called for crushed nuts in the crust.  However you choose to make it, it is pretty Yum.  (I called it Blueberry Num Num and was quickly corrected!  Ha!)



BLUEBERRY YUM - YUM 

1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs or crushed shortbread cookies
1/4 c. butter
1 can blueberry pie filling
1/4 c. sugar
1 pkg. Dream Whip (or Cool Whip or fresh whipped cream)
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese

Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Put half of mixture in pan. Mix Dream Whip according to package. Add cream cheese and mix well. Pour half of mixture on graham crackers. Add blueberry pie filling. Pour remainder of Dream Whip mixture over pie filling. Put rest of graham cracker crumbs on top. Chill and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment