Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Heavenly Hot Fudge

Kids and kiddos coming over today for "Shepherd's Pie" and "Heavenly Hot Fudge and Ice cream with  Brownies."  Can you tell I coerced them into coming so I could take pictures for our annual Nativity production?  Those really are the names of those two dishes but I couldn't think of a great nativity name for the salad.....manger salad just didn't cut it! 

This is my very favorite hot fudge sauce.  Given to me years ago by Diane Naylor.  It makes a lot but I'm not sure how to cut a can of evaporated milk in two. (lol)

Heavenly Hot Fudge

1 cube butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. evaporated milk (1 can)
3 cups sugar
3 sq. of unsweetened chocolate or 7 Tbsp. cocoa (I use about 4 T.)
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt margarine and chocolate slowly in heavy pan.  Stir in sugar, salt and milk gradually.  Bring to boil; boil for about 5 minutes.  Remove from heat: stir in vanilla.  Yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment