Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Frosted Banana Bars

BFF Cathy got this recipe this weekend at a family gathering.  Since I am a banana cake crazy, especially a French banana cake, these bars had me swooning.  I had to put my little French bird candles on the plate as I licked my chops saying, "Ohhh La La!"

FROSTED BANANA BARS
 
 
1/2 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream
2 med. ripe bananas
1 tsp. vanilla
 
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking  soda
1/4 tsp. salt
 
FROSTING
 
8-oz cream cheese
1/2 c. butter
2 tsp. vanilla
3 3/4 - 4 c. powdered sugar
 
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar; add eggs, sour cream and vanilla.  Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.  Stir in bananas.  Spread into greased 15 x 10 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool.  For frosting, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla.  Gradually beat in enough powdered sugar to achieve desired consistency.  Frost cooled bars.  Store in refrigerator.  Best when served cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment