Constant Growing Amazement Cooks!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Baked Sesame Cream Cheese


One of my favorite appetizers at the Dodo Restaurant in Salt Lake is the Baked Cream Cheese. The cheese is warm and spreadable and delicious to eat.  This is my rendition:



Baked Sesame Cream Cheese

 

Marinate a brick of cream cheese in soy sauce. I find a small dish that will accomadate the cream cheese and put about an inch of soy sauce in the dish. I marinate about an hour, turning the cream cheese occassionally to get all sides. While the cream cheese is marinating, I brown sesame seeds in a dry skillet, stirring constantly so as to brown but not burn. When you are ready to party, dip the cream cheese in the sesame seeds, patting to coat the entire brick. Place on an oven proof plate or dish and put either in the oven or microwave until the cream cheese is warm and soft but still holds its shape. Serve with crackers and thin sliced pears or apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment